- Tim Gauthier on Photos from upcoming article on Wood Buffalo national park
- Dark Sky Preserve at Wood Mountain | Saskboy's Abandoned Stuff on Wild astro gear column in SkyNews magazine: web extras
- Theresia Farrall on Web extras for Sky News column on the Bluewater Dark Sky Preserve
- Peter McMahon on Could this be the world’s first cross-border dark sky park?
- Vic on Could this be the world’s first cross-border dark sky park?
Monthly Archives: January 2012
A few weeks ago, I was looking for the Andromeda Galaxy in a loaned night vision monocular and a pair of “Navy SEAL-style”night vision goggles from my backyard on the outskirts of the small town of Port Hope, ON. While out there, I … Continue reading
Five years ago, when I really started exploring the night sky from Canada’s wild spaces, I started looking for the ultimate portable telescope. What I found wasn’t a telescope but two telescopes (really small ones at least) enhanced with the same … Continue reading
A month or so ago, when I took possession of a suite of Sky-Watcher telescopes supplied by EfstonScience of Toronto, the notion of how I would use any of these instruments was farthest from my mind (my first thought was to take the … Continue reading