- Tim Gauthier on Photos from upcoming article on Wood Buffalo national park
- Dark Sky Preserve at Wood Mountain | Saskboy's Abandoned Stuff on Wild astro gear column in SkyNews magazine: web extras
- Theresia Farrall on Web extras for Sky News column on the Bluewater Dark Sky Preserve
- Peter McMahon on Could this be the world’s first cross-border dark sky park?
- Vic on Could this be the world’s first cross-border dark sky park?
Monthly Archives: March 2012
A few weeks ago, as Venus was getting high in the sky, you may remember that Jupiter and Venus have been jockeying for position around the Moon as it all appears from here on Earth (here’s a look at some … Continue reading
As is often the case, I found myself this March with dozens of kids who weren’t mine, wanting something cool to do for the day. Since I (and they) were at the Peterborough Museum and Archives (2 hrs northeast of … Continue reading
Over the past three months, I’ve had the honour and pleasure of presenting a weekly general-interest science lecture for Learning Unlimited Etobicoke, who have been offering speaker series’ since 1976. From astronomy to medical science, to paleontology, to materials science, … Continue reading
For Part 3 of our family astronomy gear test drive, we sent one suburban Ontario family home with a SkyWatcher P130 refracting (mirror-based) telescope. Over several clear moonlit nights this winter, Ron, Serena, Angela (age 10 ), and Emma (age 8 ) … Continue reading